I am nuts about Boulder opals. Each piece is as individual as you and I. Some process flash, some don't. All have swirls of color that are fascinating and intricate. I get lost in their patterns and colors. They are magical! This piece is from Queensland, Australia, where all Boulder opal is mined. Anytime you see opal in brown rock, it is Boulder opal. The brown matrix base is ironstone. I forged and textured a bezel around this Beauty, with a sterling accent at the bottom, and a twisted wire bail. It's simple and it's stunning!
- Boulder opal from Queensland, Australia 36 x 13 x 7mm
- golden bezel (red brass) & bail
- sterling silver button detail, chain, & components
- pendant is 1 7/8 inch long with button detail & bail
- necklace is 18 inches at it's longest, but can be hooked onto any link in the chain for shorter lengths
- sterling silver lobster claw clasp